London manhunt underway after subway explosion that is being treated as terror attack

PHOTO: Fireman talk with the police cordon at Parsons Green Underground Station, Sept. 15, 2017 in London.

A manhunt is underway in London after an explosion that is being treated as a terror attack rocked the London subway during morning rush hour Friday, causing at least 22 people to be sent to hospitals.

“This is a live investigation,” Assistant Commissioner for London’s Metropolitan Police Service, Mark Rowley, said after the blast in the Parsons Green subway station just after 8 a.m. local time.

Eyewitnesses told ABC News that the blast occurred as the train pulled into the station.

“I heard a loud bang and as I looked to my right, there was a flame, a fireball came through the carriage … As the doors opened, people then began leaving the train straight away,” said Martin Adams, who was riding in the subway car at the time. “I saw some flames coming from what I thought was a blue bag.”

“I saw a couple people with burns. One lady had her hair badly singed by the fire,” said Sally Faulding, who witnessed the panic on the subway platform. “I also saw people injured obviously from having been stampeded on the platform because we were all running. People were falling over.”

A British government official said the incident is being treated as a terror attack but at this early stage appears to be an isolated incident.

The London Ambulance service said it transported 18 people to the hospital, but none of the injuries are serious or life-threatening.

Police say the improvised explosive device did not fully explode. Scotland Yard also said there had been no arrests as yet.


“I got off the train onto the platform [after the explosion],” Abams said. “There were a number of people with singed hair and what appeared to be facial burns. I then went back onto the carriage to see if there were any casualties, but there were no casualties at all on the train. Everybody appeared to get off. There was nobody laying on the platform floor. I assessed that there were no serious casualties at that time.

“There was just the heat, the fireball and the noise, but no concussion as such.”

continue here


Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s